Sunday, April 23, 2017

Triangles & Tea Towels


Look what is almost done! I finished piecing my Equilateral Triangle Quilt this week and spent yesterday pinning and quilting it.
 I quilted it along the seams just using my foot as my guide. I have not washed it yet because I need to sew the binding down, but I this it will shrink up nicely. I am using one of the Kelly greens for the binding--it should tie it all together nicely. For Slow Sunday Stitching, I plan on spending my evening sewing the binding on this one. Check out what everyone else is up to here:
I bought a black minky for the backing. The baby shower is Thursday, so I will get pictures and measurements when it is all complete and washed.
Administrative Assistant's Day is Wednesday, so I spent today machine appliquéing some tea towels for all of the secretaries at my three schools. I bought hand soap at Bath & Body Works during Spring Break, so I am ready with time to spare.
 Eight tea towels and coordinating hand soaps all done.
I should make a few for myself soon.
I had lots of sweet comments about my Sunflowers & Pigs top this last week. I bought a lovely green for a border and a pink for the binding. I hope to get the borders on it this week--so stay tuned!



20 comments:

  1. Such lovely gifts you've made!
    Great job on the triangle quilt!
    Enjoy your binding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're really inspiring me to make a triangle quilt like that! It's wonderful, Tanya! Lucky recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your triangles turned out great! The tea towels are so cute--what a nice gift. And those piggies always make me smile--adorable, especially with the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tea towels are so cheery! They make me smile! I love the triangle quilt too. Green with the black and white is so fresh. The piggies are the sweetest. Your work is always beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job on the tea towels. Where do you get your towels? LOVE those piggies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so love that pig block. And your triangle quilt looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your triangle quilt is so lovely and inspireing. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The emerald triangles add just the right pop! The applique towels are the perfect gift -- a little something, not too much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice pyramid quilt. Clever minky backing. Yes, you should make one or two of those adorable towels for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that black and green combo and it looks amazing with the quilting!
    The pigs are too cute, as are the tea towels. What a nice idea for gifts:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love the triangles quilt. I can bet that the embroidered towels are the best, most thoughtful gifts any administrative professional has ever received. And as far as the pigs are concerned, I am in awe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything is wonderful! You've been very productive - thanks for sharing on Midweek Makers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What great gifts for the secretaries. They are going to love them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The minkie is looking great on the back. And the simple quilting has worked really well.
    The gifts you have made are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love equilateral triangle quilts! The appliqued towels will make really special gifts, too. Congrats of the great finishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many lovely projects. Thanks for the wonderful leye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You make the loveliest gifts! And such neat attention to details--like coordinating the soap colors with the tea towels. Your administrative assistants will love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely projects. I like the green detail in the triangles quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG I LOVE the pigs quilt!!!! I'm not really into animal quilts, but that one--! LOVE. And the triangles, WOW. Love the pop of green. Thanks for linking up with DrEAMi! Unreal how much you accomplish and still get sidetracked by squirrels... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. ARG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Soooo much to love in this post! You had a productive break!! I hope ya don't mind, but I couldn't resist highlighting your tea towels at Tuesday ARchives this week as we celebrate Teacher Appreciation week. SMILES being sent your way!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!