Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Pyramid Baby Quilt Finish


 Look at this finish! I got my invite to the baby shower on Friday, April 14th and it is tomorrow, April 27--so I had less than two weeks to start and finish a baby quilt. I talked to the mama to be and found out she is decorating the nursery with black and white with Kelly green as an accent and using geometric shapes. I thought a pyramid design would be perfect. I have not made a triangle quilt in 20+ years, but I thought this would be doable. I spent the entire evening of the 14th cutting and then the rest of that weekend sewing rows together.
 I spent the whole second weekend machine quilting. I just followed the seams and used my presser foot as a guide.  I started the hand binding on Sunday night and finished it up Monday night. 
I washed it up last night and wrapped it up tonight.
Just in the nick of time! After washing it measures 48.5 x 52 inches. I hope the mama to be loves it!

10 comments:

  1. lOVE THE QUILT, AND YOU SURE GOT IT DONE FAST.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful quilt!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful finish especially with the green binding. Well done and such a quick effort!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those interesting colors for a nursery but I would say you nailed it! It is really a pretty quilt and I'm sure the mommy-to-be will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!

    My friend (she's much much younger) is using navy blue, mint green and gray as her colors. That was a challenge to find appropriate fabric with an outdoor theme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks lovely! the green is a nice choice with the black and white and looks great in quilt form.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW this is awesome! I know it will get years of love from baby and momma. What a wonderful job you did in such a short amount of time. You deserve a big pat on the back for that this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on a speedy and beautiful quilt!! Mama and baby are very lucky to have you in their lives!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colours you've used in this quilt! It's stunning!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!