Sunday, December 4, 2016

December 2016 OMG

 Happy December! Winter has finally arrived in our neck of the woods--a little snow and really cold. I am frantically working on last minute Xmas gifts. I am making tea towels with Bath and Body Works hand soaps as gifts for coworkers. I got these done yesterday.
 Most of the appliqué designs are from Lori Holt's Bloom Sew Along.
I already had an entire plastic tub of kitchen towels waiting to be appliqued, so I ordered the hand soaps a few weeks ago.
I have just a couple of more to make. These will be my gifts for Secretary's Day in the spring, so I might make some more now.
 I also am going to make a Xmas design to take as a hostess gift to our neighborhood's annual party next weekend.
Speaking of Xmas, I am still plugging away with Xmas red work embroidery from Red Brolly's free designs. Here is the link:
This will be my afternoon and evening project for Slow Sunday Stitching:
 That leaves my December OMG--I thought about quilting a big UFO, but after struggling with my mom's longarm--we think there is something wrong with the stitch regulator--I changed my mind!
I have decided to make the rest of the Magic of Christmas Blocks my goal--I have 13 blocks done and 12 more to go and a couple I think I will redo. This is a free quilt along from Lisa Bongean and she just rapidly posted the rest of the blocks:

You can also check out everyone's December OMG goals here:

Have a great week!




12 comments:

  1. Your school must absolutely love you ...I recall the gifts for the kids that you have made as well in the past. This towel plus soap is such a good idea and I enjoy seeing the Christmas redwork :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful blocks Tanya. Good luck finishing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely gifts, I think the recipients will be thrilled! Great red work and beautiful blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love red and white quilts! The towels are such a nice idea for gifts, and I love how you coordinated the soap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The towels are such nice gifts! I was unaware of the Magic of Christmas QAL until someone (you?) posted on one of the Yahoo groups. I have now downloaded all the patterns. Hope you make your goal this busy month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely gifts and wonderful red and white blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quilters like to spread the love with beautiful handmade gifts. Yours are sure to be a hit! So thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tanya, everything you're making is so cute! I wanted to put those red and white blocks on my "want to make" someday but I could only find four of them. Could you direct me where to find them?

    ReplyDelete
  9. love those blocks. I was thinking of tackling that bom in the future. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The applique' towels and hand soap is a perfect gift idea.

    The red and white blocks are just gorgeous. They are going to make a nice quit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been saving Lisa's blocks & really want to make them! Yours look beautiful, have fun with the rest!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!