Sunday, June 26, 2016

Week 4 Summer 2016


Well yesterday I turned into a domestic diva! I started my day baking banana bread and doing laundry. Then, I picked snap peas and shucked them. My hubby had to deal with a plumbing issue in our daughter's bathroom which meant nearly everything came out of our linen closet, so it was a perfect time to reorganize it. I had picked up some salmon to barbecue, but my hubby was too tired for that so I found a great and easy recipe on Pinterest. Here is the link http://cafedelites.com/2016/05/16/sheet-pan-chili-lime-salmon/
Our healthy, delicious dinner was on the table in 15 minutes.
I do have a finish this week, but it is secret--this is all I can show you!
 I picked up this metal, vintage picnic basket several weeks ago. I was not sure if I was going to keep it or gift it. It is a great size. The handles are wood and comfortable to carry. I decided to keep it.
The only problem it has is slight rusting on the bottom.
I am going to use foam core and this sunflower fabric to make a panel on the bottom to cover the rust and provide a good lining. I think it will be a great sewing basket.
I have all my Scrap Dance Tango blocks laid out on my bed waiting to be stitched together. I think it is scrappy perfection!
For Slow Sunday Stitching, I will be binding a couple more secret sewing projects. Check out everyone else's projects here

I am off to get a walk in while it is still cool enough.
Have a great week!



8 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better! The peas look fresh and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better! The peas look fresh and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see that new finish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dinner sounds wonderful. We had swordfish that my husband sauteed in olive oil, butter and spices.

    Your secret sewing is intriguing and I love your idea to use the picnic basket for sewing.

    Scrap Dance Tango is very pretty, can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is lovely! Congratulations on your new find! I like your lining idea for the bottom of the basket!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is good to tun a negative into a positive with cleaning out the closet. Good end result.
    The picnic basket does look lovely.
    And I scrap blocks look amazing all set out together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're keeping busy! Yum, fresh peas! I haven't had them in a very long time. Your Scrap Dance Tango looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many beautiful things in this post. I can't resist eating most of the peas straight away when shelling them.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!