Tuesday, January 14, 2014

WIP & a Finish

So I got this magazine for Xmas and I have really wanted to make Lori Holt's house block. I also am on a mission to make door banners for each month...


I used the shamrock and letters from this book and combined it with Lori Holt's house and came up with this door banner for March! I think it is so cute!
I will be hand quilting and binding it with perle cotton over the next few days. I think there might need to be some button embellishments too. I also have a co-worker that is expecting an April Fool's Day baby. I inquired about the nursery and it is pink, gray, and white with elephants. Sounds like fun, I already have a quick design sketched up, so stay tuned!

My focus this year is supposed to be doing one Xmas thing every month and finishing UFOs and this quilt I completed accomplishes both goals...What are you up to?

14 comments:

  1. That is the best shamrock design I have seen. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to sew up at least one Christmas item each month this year too. Love your door banner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am visiting through 'Lets be e social" Very cute door banner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute door banner you have created! How very clever!
    Congrats on accomplishing both of the goals you are focusing on for the year in the first month... the embroidered Santa is adorable! I didn't "set" any particular goals when it come to sewing this year... and that explains my ever growing stack of UFO's...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so creative and it looks absolutely perfect! Thanks for sharing today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the door banner for March, super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty banner Tanya! Your redwork is very nice too! I'm busy busy busy with WIP's. Thanks for sharing yours. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great projects and love the way you combined the house with the shamrock!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. I might have to steal your door banner idea. It would be such a cute way to decorate for the holidays! The house/shamrock one is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea for a banner for every month! I have a few quilts that are seasonal and get changed but not one for every month.... I love Art to Heart too. Wonderful banner.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the xmas plan. I should do that....I don't really have any specific plans, except do as many UFO's as possible:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the red work Santa! Where can I find redwork kits?

    ReplyDelete
  13. the shamrock and house look amazing together!

    Thanks so much for partying at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow, that's a lot of work + happiness. I have this magazine. I will have to look at it again. You are a clever designer to put them together like this.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!