Sunday, May 2, 2021

Pencil Pouches 2021

 



Welcome! I finished sewing my 16 pencil pouches for my 5th graders this week. They are stuffed with pencils, highlighters, sticky notes, candy, mug cakes, gum, and a hand sanitizer key chain. I already wrapped them up and will deliver them the week of May 17th. I have packed up a lot of my sewing room and even got rid of my cutting table. My dad is going to build me a new one on casters, so I can roll it around in my new sewing room since I will have luxury vinyl plank. 
My foundation is in at my new house. This is the west side where my garage is looking southeast. My laundry room and master bedroom will be behind the garage.
This is the view from where my back covered patio is going to be looking southwest. My backyard faces south and will not have any houses directly behind me. Eventually, there will be green space, a sidewalk, and a road. There are a some big sky and mountain views looking south towards Telluride. I am not sure if the trees will stay or go--if they go the views will be even better! It is at the end of a culde-sac, so pretty quiet with no thru traffic. There is also good spacing between the houses which is not typical of the new neighborhoods that are going in. On my westside, there will be extra space between my neighbor and me because there will be a walking path. It should be nice and quiet!




5 comments:

  1. Wow, A new life! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW EXCITING!!! Sounds like great placement with those wonderful views and a cul de sac makes it even better!! Do you know about when the house will be done? Those pencil bags are such a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet your 5th graders look forward to their pencil pouch gifts every year, Tanya! That's the kind of thing that gets passed on by word of mouth from one grade level to the next and the kids get all excited about. So fun to see what's happening in your hew house, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so pleased to see an update on your new house. I've wondered how things are going. Maybe the trees can stay since they give birds especially more habitat, and they will give your eyes a rest when looking out at all that space. What a beautiful location!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!