Saturday, April 25, 2020

Summerville Quilt Finish


Hello! I picked this beauty up from Rachel, my longarmer/friend's porch last Saturday. It was in a black garbage and remained in my car for quarantine until Wednesday--when I finally got see it. This is Summerville in Vintage Picnic fabric by Bonnie & Camille. My sister gifted me this kit a couple of years ago.
Rachel did her magic and picked a chubby flower with meandering vines and leaves. She is a newer longarmer and has a great eye for patterns fitting quilts--I have her make the decisions and I have not been disappointed yet! She is really talented and I think it is perfect!!!
I have not washed it yet, but I folded it up and put it in my glass display case. I will know when it will find its home or when it will get used at my own house.
Last Sunday, I signed up to make a quilt for a foster child through @quiltforachild on Instagram. I selected an 11 year old girl who likes pink, red, and gray. She is described as a "girly girl." I immediately thought of this pattern Hearts at Home by Chelsi Stratton--so I bought it and started on the heart centers--all of them are pink.
 I am going to make it with 20 blocks instead of 16, so it is long enough for a twin bed. I am using pink, red, gray, and turquoise. Rachel is already mulling quilting designs--she told me flowers for sure. 
 The gray blocks are done and I am working on the turquoise ones now. Ideally, the quilt needs to be done in 4-6 weeks. I am making it my priority because I love sharing quilty hugs especially with a deserving child.
This stunner is one of Rachel's. She longarms for me and I hand bind for her. We both love trading--binding is so relaxing for me and she is still exploring on her longarm. She quilted this one with a pink variegated thread and these cheerful flowers. It is a big one, so it will take a little time to bind. I plan on working on it for Slow Sunday Stitching: https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com
How is everyone holding up? I coped with a little retail therapy this week. My hubby called it "frivolous," but I think it was bargain priced necessities. I have been eying these light weight, cozy sweatshirts from Target for awhile and they went on clearance. I needed the post-it pads for work and mug cakes are a favorite sweet because they are single servings. See necessities! Hang in there and stay healthy!

7 comments:

  1. Really beautiful quilts. Mostly staying home, staying safe, only going out for groceries when necessary. Doing a lot of quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Beautiful quilts! I can totally understand your necessities, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects, and beautiful quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coffee then cocktails! Too funny. I agree - they are necessary as they make you happy. Beautiful quilts and that heart quilt will be just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great trade--bindings for quilting! Love your projects. I never heard of mug cakes but they sound yummy. My husband did the shopping yesterday and said the baking aisles are bare. He was able to get some brownie mix.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Tonya. I enjoyed reading your post about how you are spending your quarantine days. It is a wonderful thing you are doing making a quilt for a young lady who needs extra love and quilty hugs. She will love it! I would gladly trade quilting for binding. I love binding. Good Trade!

    Also, Summerville is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilts - and to make one for a foster child - how sweet is that!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!