Sunday, September 29, 2019

You Might Be a Redneck

 I planned an amazing date night for Friday night! We attended Olathe High School's 1st Annual Cow Patty Bingo Night. It was the team's bye week and instead of having their usual car wash, they tried Cow Patty Bingo as a fundraiser. One yard squares were purchased for $10 (I bought one for my hubby and one for me)--the plan was to have 400 squares, but it was expanded due to the high demand. The winner would earn $800 with the rest of the pot going to the OHS football team. Dinner was also available for the bargain price of $4--choice of 2 hotdogs or a cheeseburger, chips, a drink, and a cookie. We of course had to have dinner too. The football players were manning the grills and then guarded the bingo perimeter--it seemed like much less work than a car wash. They also had a few bounce houses set up and corn hole--it is Olathe home of the famous Olathe Sweet Sweet Corn. 
The cow took the field at 7pm and was very interested in nibbling grass, but not much was going on in the cow patty department. We waited until 8pm and headed home--we did not have to be present to win. The cow finally dropped a patty at 9:04pm, but alas we did not win.  I think this was much more profitable than a car wash and it was far more entertaining--a perfect small town event for sure. I expect this to be an annual date night for sure. It was even better than pumpkin chuckin'--which is coming up soon!

 Our weekend redneck adventures continued with target practice on Saturday morning. We got a little shooting in before the wind was too strong and kept knocking our target over. We go shooting a few miles from our house.
 The rest of Saturday included removing paper from and trimming 800 half square triangles!!!  This is for my secret sewing project I am making for a Fat Quarter Shop Sew Along and a chemo quilt for a friend. 
This project has really made me fall more in love with my Juki TL-2010Q. This machine just flies through seams and fabric like butter--I don't even have it set to full speed and the automatic cutter is awesome. The only thing that is missing is a bobbin empty warning--I had a couple of instances where my bobbin was empty and I had no idea.

Too bad the Broncos had to lose again--they are not even as entertaining as a pooping cow! 

6 comments:

  1. Ha. Loved hearing about your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Goodness! What a great fund raiser for your football team! The fellowship that events like that bring is the best. You have a LOT of HST's made. Enjoy your machine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a hoot! I don't have a bobbin notification either and thankfully I haven't sewed too far before realizing it. I was at a retreat recently when someone called this something really hilarious but I can't remember what it was - we've all been there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's a fun date night! 😂 My hubs built a paper target stand out of pvc pipe. I think he uses sand bags for weight on the bottom. Sounds like you had a fun weekend. Beats watching the show fly here in Montana! Way to early for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had to laugh about the Broncos not as entertaining as the cow poop event. A good analogy!!!! Poor Broncos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, that is the best fundraising idea I have seen in a long time! I wonder if we could do that here... might have to use a horse instead.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!