Saturday, July 6, 2019

Threadology Twisted Top


Happy July! I was sewing along with the Fat Quarter Shop's Threadology Quilt Along, 
but I fell behind and had put catching up on my summer sewing list. I was not sure about the large spool setting, but Melissa Cory showed an alternative setting that I fell in love with. You can find it here: 
Melissa just made multiple blocks from the original design, but I broke out an old quilting book and found some additional blocks to make. It measures 72 inches square with this setting. I dug into my Bonnie and Camille scraps and even opened my Miss Kate fat quarter bundle. Making this was my DrEAMi project for June for sure!
I have this B & C Scrumptious green floral in my stash that I will use for the backing and I already prepped the red Smitten binding. I just need to make my label and get it ready for friend to longarm quilt it. 
 Last year, I made the Postcard from Sweden Quilt and used my leftover solid scraps for another quilt. Since then, I have been drawn to solid quilts and I made my Pineapple Quilt with them too. On Pinterest and IG, I saw all of the Moda Modern Building Blocks Quilts from several years ago and I have been on the lookout for the pattern and even a kit. I had the pattern in my Amazon cart, but then last week @sherrysmart was having a destash sale on IG and she was selling the whole kit. It was like spotting a unicorn. I used my birthday money and bought it immediately. It arrived yesterday, but it will sit in the closet until I get some UFOs cleared and start on it!
 Another birthday money splurge was this vintage ladder! I have a taller one in my sewing room loaded with quilts, but I bought this one for a couple of quilts in our TV room.
 Rachel finished quilting my Good Fortune Quilt this week and I picked it up on Wednesday. I did not have a binding, so I bought this mottled royal blue that is in the quilt and frames it nicely. I am going to work on hand stitching it during the World Cup final for Slow Stitching Sunday. https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com
Go USA!




16 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt, have fun stitching

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much beautifulness! Spotting a unicorn... LOLOLOL!
    Great job on that sampler quilt... I love it!
    And the texture on the quilting of Good Fortune is fabulous!
    The little binding doll is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you're having a wonderful summer sewing and quilting away! Your Threadology quilt is gorgeous - I definitely like your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tanya!! I always love stopping by and seeing what you are up to. (Isn't summer time just the best!!) PS I have one of those adorable wooden binding girls too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Threadology came together beautifully! I'll be looking forward to seeing your completed Good Fortune quilt. Enjoy your Slow Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I'm finally catching up on my blog reading and WOW I've missed a LOT that you've done! While I was goofing off you were quilting up a storm (as usual!) I adore this quilt and the pineapple in solids is totally awesome. It's so fun to see what you've been doing and I'm so happy to see all this gorgeous eye candy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You haven't wasted any time since school got out. It's nice to treat yourself to a few special birthday gifts. Great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you did well with your birthday money. I love my quilt ladder too, such an easy way to display quilts and makes them handy incase you want to use one. I love the way your quilt turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilts look great. I like the ladder idea. I hope you enjoyed your stitching while watching the soccer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the packed effect of the sampler blocks. Nice quilt! (And now I need to visit the Threadology project.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilt looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing with Moving it Forward.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love love this quilt top! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your top looks great and I love the backing & binding you've chosen. I've been looking for a ladder for quilt display. Looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the scrappy looking Threadology top. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!