Sunday, March 17, 2019

Spring Break 2019

 Hello! My Spring Break 2019 has officially begun and it was also National Quilting Day--talk about a dream day.  It was finally sunny out, we have been rather gray this whole month. I celebrated with a trip to one of my local quilt shops for a little stash enhancement.  I bought all the new Bonnie and Camille Little Snippets they had. All the other fabrics were new additions to their sale room and they were pulling more. They had three yards of the white with red polka dots, so I got all of that--I always need basics.
 I spent the rest of the day working on getting caught up with the Threadology blocks. I am not using the fabrics that Fat Quarter Shop is, but instead I have been digging into my Bonnie and Camille stash. These are the six inch blocks two, three, and four.
This is my one large 12 inch block--I have not been making the large blocks for the backing as I am not sure that I will be making a pieced backing. I am trying not to have any repeats of my fabrics. My background is just Kona white.
For Slow Sunday Stitching, I plan on finishing binding this quilt for my friend Rachel.
I am also working on my secret sewing for Diane at Butterfly Threads Quilting. I will get to reveal my top on April first. I am behind on Lori Holt's Farm Girl Vintage blocks and the Harry Potter Quilt Along blocks, but with a whole week of sewing ahead, I will get back on track.
 My daughter's Spring Break was this last week and she went with a friend to Argentina to visit one of their friends that is there for her semester abroad.
She got to really practice her Spanish and indulge in some warm weather. Hopefully, I will get to meet her in Denver next month on a recruiting trip for her college. She was just hired as a senior admissions intern for next year and this summer--I am considering a trip to hang out with her over summer. She will be interviewing applicants and learning more about the other side of the admissions process.

I don't seem to be posting on my blog as often because I am using Instagram much more and you can find me there @tanyaquiltsinco


6 comments:

  1. Happy Spring Break! Pretty fabric = fun sewing this week! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your quilting week! The new fabric will make your quilting even more special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter looks like she is having a wonderful Break!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun quilting on your spring break! Looks like you have made great progress on the projects for today. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your spring break. Your sewing machine will be humming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is spring break in our county this week. The roads have lots of cars going every which way. Just thinking how close it is getting to the end of the school year and you will have lots of quilt making time.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!