Sunday, September 16, 2018

Scrappy Trips Top

 I made the most of the first NFL football Sunday last week and finished all of my Scrappy Trips blocks. I got busy yesterday and sewed them all together! It is about 72 inches square. I used a free pattern, you can find here: https://quiltville.com/scrappytripspf.html
I dug into my stash and found an orange and white to use for a backing which means I have not bought anything specifically for this one--it is completely from my stash! I think I will quilt it on the diagonals using the wavy stitch on my Pfaff. I don't have any specific plans for this quilt--I'm not sure if I will keep it or pass it on...Quilts always seem to end up where they belong.
 My top for the Fat Quarter Shop's Fat Eighth Fruitcake Quilt Along is complete. I can't reveal it yet, but I used mostly Smitten fabrics.  I ordered this red gingham backing from Connecting Threads--it is a wide one, so no piecing! I haven't figured out the quilting for it yet, but there is still time. I plan on slowing down since it is Sunday and embroidering labels for this one and the Scrappy Trips.
https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2018/09/slow-sunday-stitching_16.html
 I got my Smitten Fat Quarter Bundle in the mail this week. I preordered it back in July. Now, I have eight untouched Bonnie and Camille bundles--why can't I bring myself to use them? 
My daughter went with her study group to Scotland this weekend. She went there last Thanksgiving too, but for this visit they made it out to the Highlands and to a whisky distillery--both things she didn't get to do on her prior visit. That makes four countries in a month! Have a great week!

16 comments:

  1. Your scrappy trips is awesome! I love the colors and the fact that you didn't have to buy anything new for it. Doesn't that feel so great?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Scrappy Trips top, Tanya! The white squares through the middle were a great idea! I'm ready for the Broncos with some slow stitching today, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic finish! And all from your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your scrappy trips, those little white squares are perfect running through it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Scrappy Trips is beautiful--what a lovely finish..hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. You said; "Quilts always end up where they belong". Isn't that the truth. The quilt that is on the frame right now was originally planned for a good friend. Since starting the actual quilting last week, it's calling someone else's name.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how beautiful your Scrappy Trip quilt is. Love all those gorgeous bursts of colour and pattern. Such a happy quilt. A wavy quilting stitch through the diagonal will look perfect. Love that bundle of Smitten fabrics all tied up with ribbon. 'Tis always hard to cut into pretty fabric, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have always loved white centers on these scrappy trips. Yours is bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! This may have to go on the list.... how did you get so lucky to do sewing for Fat Quarters?
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this pattern! Can I ask you how you got the white to frame everything so beautifully? Was that by making white the last of each little strip of the 2 1/2" squares?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Scrappy Trip is fabulous! Sounds like your daughter is having a wonderful time. :-) Is her name Heather, like the whiskey?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Scrappy Trips is beautiful! Love the white kind of sashing around the blocks

    ReplyDelete
  13. Scrappy trip is such a nice pattern - each quilt turns out differently depending on the fabrics used. Made one this summer - just used mustard instead of white.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful - it's just so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful scrappy trip! I love B and C fabrics too, I can totally understand how hard it is to cut into them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your scrappy trips quilt. It's on my list - when the baby shower invites slow down! I'm smiling at your 8 untouched bundles. I might have that problem with Denyse Schmidt fabrics!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!