Sunday, August 26, 2018

FQS Fat Eighth Fruitcake

I survived my first week back at work! It was lots of meetings and paperwork--the kids don't come until Thursday. I even managed to come home and sew a couple of evenings. I received a Bonnie & Camille Smitten Fat Eighth bundle and a background for one of their shortcut quilt projects--Fat Eighth Fruitcake Quilt. It will tentatively be revealed on October 23rd. Friday night, I drank a glass of wine and headed to my sewing room to start cutting it out. These are mostly Smitten fabrics, but I added in a couple of other B&C fabrics. All 30 of my blocks are almost done--that proves it is definitely a fast one. I have another quick project that is also secret sewing for the Fat Quarter Shop and I will probably use the scraps leftover from this one for it too...No B&C scraps go to waste at my house!
 While I headed back to work this week, my daughter ventured to Iceland! She scheduled a stop over there for a couple of days on her way to London. She traveled alone in celebration of her 20th birthday--and she loved solo traveling. One day she spent touring Reykjavik
 and the next day, she took a horseback tour of the Golden Circle. Then, she caught an early flight the next day to London. She will be in London for the whole semester and already has trips scheduled for  Venice, Munich for October Fest, Berlin, Copenhagen, and Spain. Several of her friends are also on their semester's abroad, so she will be meeting them all over Europe and taking advantage of staying with them. She loves to travel and spent her summer working to pay for it. I am so excited for her adventures!


5 comments:

  1. I like those fabrics for the fruitcake quilt, I'll be interested to see how that pattern turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing your quick projects! How wonderful that your daughter has the adventurous spirit to really take advantage of being in new places!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter is brave! Good for her! She will be making memories that will last a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a semester abroad! Where do I sign up? LOL She is going to have an amazing experience, so happy for her! Good luck to you this school year, hope it's a great one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty fabrics. I like the fat 8th cuts. Gives you a taste of the fabrics and good for a scrappy quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!