It is my summer vacation and despite the fact that I am still coughing and sniffling, I spent some quality time in my sewing room since my daughter went back to college on Wednesday. I have been diligently sewing along with the Spelling Bee Sew Along. I realized the only two blocks I was missing were the telephone and the typewriter, so I made them up. I had already worked ahead on the punctuation blocks.
I went retro mint green with the telephone.
The typewriter has so many tiny pieces!
Here is another picture I snapped of all the blocks together this morning. It is windy and hot here, so my pictures did not come out great. I used a teal polka dot from my stash for the borders. I bought 10 yards of it from Connecting Threads for $2 a yard years ago. I may end up using it for the backing as well. I need to add all of my embroidery details--I prefer to embroider in the larger quilt instead of the individual blocks. I think I will have this one quilted with a simple overall design, so the focus stays on the blocks.
Since it is Sunday, I woke up and watched the French Open final and worked on binding this quilt for my friend and my Slow Sunday Stitching:
Her long arm quilting machine has arrived and is scheduled to be assembled this week! I anticipate some more bindings coming my way and some of my quilts going her way for quilting. I need to prep some backings, so I am ready!