Monday, February 19, 2018

Postcard from Sweden QAL


I hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day! My hubby and I don't make a big deal about it--we usually celebrate with a steak dinner and nice bottle of wine, but my amazing daughter sent me these two dozen roses. They still look lovely and smell even better nearly a week later!
 I caved a couple of weeks ago and ordered a kit to participate in the Postcard from Sweden Quilt Along. It officially began on Valentine's Day, but I worked on it this weekend. It takes a lot of time to cut up 36 fat quarters and number them, but they look so bright and cheerful.
 I spent today sewing all the blocks for the rows together. I still need to trim the blocks, but I am a little ahead now. I know the trimming will be tedious, but it will be worth it. I am making the larger sized quilt that will finish 60 x 72 inches.
 I also worked on Blocks 2 for the Clementine Quilt Along, but I cannot reveal them yet! For information on both quilt alongs, check my right hand sidebar for links.
I have a another secret sewing project for the Fat Quarter Shop, so stay tuned for that.

By the way, my spa treatment soaking of my Row Along Quilt worked, so that UFO is officially completed. I hope our wind dies down soon, so I can get some pictures of fabulous it came out.
#ufoslayer


9 comments:

  1. The roses are delightful. A beautiful gift.
    Looks like you have been very busy with all projects - preparation and sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful surprise from your daughter. The flowers are beautiful. I love how organized all your Sweden block pieces are. It's going to be fun watching all those colors come together in a quilt. Keep slaying those projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bright colors for your postcards. It looks like it will be a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the UFO finish :) The colors for your postcard project are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous bouquet! You are brave, I think, to tackle the Postcards quilt. It will be stunning in the large size.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful floral surprise!! Those fabrics look nice and fresh, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're looking very organized for Postcards! That's definitely the key to success on this pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm also working on Postcard. Your triangles look so beautiful against the black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Something I hadn't anticipated is that it sure DOES take a lot of time to cut all the HSTs! I haven't even started sewing all the wee beasties yet...Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!