Saturday, February 18, 2017

February FNSI

Hello! I had a short week with Friday off of work, so of course I planned on sewing all day and evening. I even got out of cooking dinner by going to a local meat market that has $5 sandwiches on Friday and getting some other goodies for the rest of the weekend.  I signed up for Friday Night Sew In (FNSI):

My day began with the second clue posted for the Scrap Dance Two Step. Here is the link:
I made all of the hourglass blocks as directed. So far, I am keeping up with Carole's mystery!
Next up, I had spotted this beauty on Instagram the other day and knew I needed to make one. Can you say squirrel? I have no girl baby quilts in my stash, so between my overflowing scrap bins and that I already had the block pattern in an old magazine--I had to begin! By the way, the block pattern is in Quilt Sampler Spring/Summer 2014.
 I dug in and started making a teal/aqua version for my FNSI and the RSC17.
I also cut everything for a purple block last night and sewed it together this morning. For the backgrounds, I am using whites and low volumes from that scrap bin too. I just finished cutting out a red block. The blocks are 15 inches big, so all it will take is nine blocks for a good sized baby quilt. I am thinking some straight line quilting and a minky backing will be perfect once I get the blocks done. This could end up being a weekend finish with Monday off too!

24 comments:

  1. Fabulous, love that you are keeping up with the mystery!! Great use of your RSC blocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love log cabin quilts and I love your blocks -- so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! You got lots accomplished! The log cabin blocks are super pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous purples and teals in your blocks. Looking forward to seeing how the mystery quilt ends up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're a very busy squirrel, gathering just the right new projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How good is it to have a day off work and only have to think about sewing? Perfect!
    Good to see you keeping up to date. And the log blocks look like a lot of fun in all the different colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a lovely day off! It's great to now and then have a day to just sew and be creative :-) Love your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely☺ excited to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I love a mystery quilt. Thinking of joining in myself!!! Your RSC17 quilt blocks are perfect for this challenge too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those type of log cabin blocks! They will be perfect for the rainbow effect! Have fun with more sewing today and tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are making great use of your time off work - your log cabin blocks are gorgeous and a perfect Squirrel project!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your log cabin blocks--it's going to be a fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these blocks; they make such a statement when they're all together!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these pretty log cabin blocks! :) Continue to enjoy the long weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. No wonder you had to make that quilt! It is gorgeous and the blocks you have made so far are amazing. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The points in your hour glass blocks meet perfectly. Happy stitching on your long holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great Hour Glass Blocks and I love your bright Log Cabin ones...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your log cabin circles. Hope you've had a lot of time to sew today.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It was a great long weekend! Looks like you accomplished quite a bit in the sewing room. Yay for some creative time! The log cabin blocks are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You got lots done during your long weekend. Love the new project you've got started.

    ReplyDelete
  21. your blocks are soooo beautiful!!! i love them <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your blocks are so beautiful! Those hourglass blocks are so tiny and pretty! I think a curved log cabin is in my future! Pinning this one! Thank you for sharing! So glad I found you on My Quilt Infatuation!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!