Sunday, May 1, 2016

May OMG Goals

 Happy Sunday! We have a gray day ahead with likely showers--perfect sewing weather. I made this sunshine bucket this week to donate for a silent auction to benefit our high school band. I hope it sold for a pretty penny...
 The last couple of months I have not set any goals for Red Letter Quilts' One Monthly Goal (OMG), but it is now May and time to go big. My last day of work is May 25th which means I will have a whole week in May to just sew and relax. First up, I need to finish these 24 Pixie Baskets. They are gifts for my fifth graders since they are moving on to middle school. I asked them their favorite colors and shopped in my stash to find them personalized fabric combinations.
 My second goal is to turn this fantastic grouping of fabrics into a scrappy baby quilt. This is for one of my coworkers who is expecting a baby girl in mid-June. She told me she was thinking of navy and coral for her nursery colors, but she also loves purple. I decided to add in some aquas. I think it will be gorgeous! I am thinking of making a Modern Herringbone Quilt like the purple one in my blog header.
My final goal for May is to quilt my Butterfly Garden Top. I bought the white with navy swirl yesterday for the backing. I want to use this quilt as a table cloth for my dining room table and I think it will be fantastic for summer. Join the OMG May Link Up Party here
We are heading over to my mom and dad's for gourmet pizza dinner tonight, so I will bring my Down in the Garden for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Here is the link for that

Have a great week!

16 comments:

  1. You have accomplished a lot this past month. I did not realize that you are a teacher. You are making a sweet remembrance for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always fun to recognize a fabric in a friend's blogpost and realize you have that one, too! It's that navy and white swirl you're using for backing the Butterfly Garden quilt! I found it in a sale bin in a quilt shop in Boulder, and decided it might come in handy one day! You never know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be interested to hear how you like your garden quilt as a tablecloth. This is on my 'to do' list for this summer, but I've been fretting over if it would be lumpy and cause spills. So, I can't wait to see how you like yours which is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice thing to do for your students! All of your projects are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of wonderful goals for May. I hope your sunshine bucket went well,too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pixie baskets are really cute. Good luck with your May goal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are on the wind down!! I need to remember this great auction idea. Your goals have motivated ME to set some...thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The stack of fabrics is going to make a super cute baby quilt and your baskets for you fifth graders is a very generous gift. I'm sure they'll be tickled.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see your Butterfly Garden Top finished. It is so pretty! And those baskets are wonderful gifts for your students.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you have been so busy...I love the sunshine bucket....I am sure it brought happiness to someone! Thanks for sharing at Design Board Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope your sunshine basket brings in a nice chunk of change for the band. Your baskets are going to be great. I hope everyone loves them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Making baskets for your students is such a sweet thing to do. I hope you enjoy all your sewing time. And gourmet pizza night? I'm in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did I tell you how cute your Pixie Baskets are? I have the pattern all printed out and ready to go... just need to find some more hours in the day!
    Pugs and kisses,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. The fabrics you have pulled for the baby quilt are great! Can't wait to see the quilt.
    Your students will love your thoughtful gift. Lucky kids!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great goals, Tanya! It is so sweet of you to make the pixie baskets for your students in their very own special colors. You MUST be the favorite teacher!

    The butterfly quilt is so pretty, can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that scrappy pull!!
    I hope your May sewing is going well!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!