I have been busy sewing this week, but what I am working on is a secret goodie for my kind and generous sister. I cannot reveal my secret sewing until she receives it. She has a also sent me some quilty goodies, but they will not arrive until Monday. I was all signed up for Friday Night with Friends
so I decided to start prepping my Down in the Garden blocks. Above is block 1, my UFO goal for February os to finish up this block. I need to embroider it and make a Dresden plate to go on the green gingham square.
This is block 3. I am using a combination of Chantilly and Bonnie and Camille scraps--they are happy and cheerful just like this quilt is going to be! I love embroidered quilts and will be spending a lot of time embroidering these blocks for Slow Sunday Stitching with Kathy and crew
My first lucky thing this week was to win this book. I had been drooling over this book that was featured on a fabulous blog hop and entering all the giveaways. Yay for me, I won a copy courtesy of Kate Spain--look at the note from her! There are so many adorable rows and a really cute feature where each designer answers some prompts called "Here's the Skinny."
I thought it would be fun to answer the prompts and share them with you...
Here's the Skinny
- I'm currently obsessed with using up my stash and making scrap quilts.
- If I'm not quilting, I'm working most of the time unfortunately.
- The best piece of advice (regarding quilting) I've received was the quilting police are not going to come and arrest you for breaking a "rule," so do what works for you!
- My go-to snack food for a full day (or night) of quilting is an everything bagel toasted with cream cheese and jalapeño pepper jelly and Reese's peanut butter cups.
- When I just can't get a quilt to come together, I put it away and grab another project.
- My go-to color combination is aqua and white.
- I can't begin a new quilting project unless I tidy up my sewing room--I have to make some more space for the mess I am going to make.
- On my playlist while quilting is NFL games and the X Files on Netflix
- Beyond designing, my favorite part of making a quilt is selecting the fabrics and finishing the hand binding.
- One little tip that will make creating my row easier is I don't have a row, but my advice is to organize your scraps by color and it will make it much easier to create scrap quilts.
I also won three patterns from Carol Steely. It was hard to pick only three when she has so many cheerful and bright designs. I don't have a Go Cutter, but this heart appliqué pattern looks like a scrap buster to me!
These sharks looked like a cute and quick design and I can always use a new baby quilt pattern.
Lastly, I chose this adorable bunny pattern. The glasses on him are precious! Thank you Carol! You can see all of her patterns here
I am always saddened when the NFL season ends, but this year the last game, Super Bowl 50, should be a good one--GO BRONCOS! Hopefully, my lucky week continues and they win.