Saturday, August 1, 2015

Generous Quilt Donations

 About a week and a half ago, I put out the call for the charity quilt drive my mother is organizing for a local nursing home. I got a few responses about people offering to donate tops or quilts. We need 62 quilts by Christmas. Well, Adele also known as Bayougirl Quilts generously sent two that arrived in the mail today. They are GORGEOUS!!! This is the first one...I think we should call it Bright Bricks because it has strips of oranges, yellows, reds, and pinks.
 The backing is equally beautiful with colors that compliment the top. I especially like the scrappy binding!
 It is quilted with stippling all over. It will be a beautiful quilty hug for a nursing home patient!
This is the second quilt Adele sent--another beautiful scrappy quilt! This one looks like a gigantic version of a court house steps block.  It is just full of scrappy goodness.

 She pieced a lovely backing and bound it with a medium brown. It is also quilted with a stippled design.
 She labeled both with her little sweet tags. We appreciate her generosity and these will be amazing quilty hugs for a couple of nursing home residents! 
I worked on this top the last couple of days--the design is Sunny Sunflowers with 12 inch blocks,  from Lori Holt's Farm Girl Vintage book. I used fabrics from my stash and bought the pink border. I am prepping lots of tops with borders, piecing their backings, and readying their bindings. When my mom returns to town mid-week, we need to get going on a longarm quilting marathon! I go back to work soon, so the more quilts we have done before I go back the better. Please contact me either by leaving me a comment on this post or emailing me directly at mcsdces19(at)gmail(dot)com, if you can donate a quilt or a top to this charity quilt drive.

19 comments:

  1. I have a quilt ready I can donate to you! Where do I send it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adele's quilts are gorgeous!!! They sure don't look scrappy to me! I saved photos of them on my iPad for future referencešŸ˜‰. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are your requirements? I can probably make one. email me at barbara.dougherty126@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful donations! Yo've inspired me to get my Vinatage book out! When do you go back to work?? (How did summer fly by so quick??)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adele was very kind to send two magnificent quilts. I love your Sunny Sunflowers, it will put a big smile on someone's face. Good luck with the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilts you have been sent, and lovely one you have made...wow your summer holidays seem to have come to an end very quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome scrappy quilts! Love those 2 string quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a completed top that I can send your way. Just need your addy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shipped out this afternoon. Please let me know when it arrives!

      Delete
  9. Lovely quilts! And the top you finished is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful quilts! They will make really nice hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great quilts! I love your version of the Sunflower quilt from Farm Girl Vintage!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are great quilts! The recipients will be over the moon with them!
    I've been watching blocks pile up from that Farm Girl Vintage book on Instagram...might have to break down and get a copy. I really like several of the designs. Your quilt top is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful quilts, you are really hitting the right spot.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that first quilt, especially, and yours at the end. Quilters are so generous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet thing to do. The need is so great all over, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi

    I have a top that is done, where can I send it to?

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is wonderful, so glad to see quilts being donated to go to such a good cause, love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!