Monday, April 20, 2015

Snapshots Mini Quilts

 Here is my Block 4 Puppy Love Mini Quilt which is the April Snapshots block. Can I tell you how excited I was about this block? I love dogs and puppies are the best!
I made the puppy look like our youngest dog and perpetual puppy, Bella. She will turn 5 years old in September, but still behaves like a bad puppy. My hubby said good night to her on Saturday night and his cell phone slipped out of his pocket unbeknownst to him. Well, of course Bella chewed it up and left it for him to find on Sunday morning. I am sure she thought it was a remote control--she ate over a dozen of those before she was banned from being in the main house. At least she did not eat the battery and need a visit to the vet!
I am using the corner pieces to hang these mini quilts with thumbtacks in my sewing room, plus they are perfect for labeling.
 Here is the Block 3 Put the Kettle On March block that I quilted and bound this weekend
and its back, hanger, and label. I am using mostly Bonnie and Camille fabrics and trying to use what I have on hand and not buy anything.
This is the big quilt which I decided to make as mini quilts to make them easier to hang.
 This is Block 1 Let them Eat Cake
and Block 2 Sew On & Sew On. Directions for the blocks can be found here http://fatquartershop.blogspot.com/p/snapshots-quilt-along.html
 I have my book for the new Lori Holt Farm Girl Vintage Sew Along that starts on May 1. I ordered some background fabric today. I selected a white with small black polka dots as she recommended for $5 a yard over at 1000s of Bolts and One Nut. I ordered 7 yards more than I need, but I never mind having some in my stash. Hopefully, I can shop in my stash for the rest of the fabric.
Come on join everyone, the more the merrier!

I am working on some secret sewing, so I will get that posted once I can. It was nice to be back in my sewing room!


18 comments:

  1. Your blocks are amazing, as usual, Tanya. I am joining in the Farm Girl Vintage Sew Along also...thanks to you. Guess I better order some background fabric. Like you, I hope I can pull from my stash for the rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tanya! What a fabulous idea to make the blocks into mini quilts.... I hadn't thought of doing that duh! I love your puppy block... it is really cute and what a pretty dog Bella is.... I love dogs too... I have two this fluff balls (Havanese) Poppy and Dexter and I just love them to bits! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your puppy quilt is adorable and so nice as a mini quilt. There are so many fabulous blocks in the quilt by Bonnie and Camille that I had not noticed. Looking forward to seeing your progress with the Farm Girl Sew Along. Lori has designed a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an adorable rendition of your precious Bella! Love the quilting you are doing on all your mini quilts. You are doing an amazing job of those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely minis. Your own dog is a delight - except for the eating habits!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovley - I have got to make one of those. Bella sounds like tons of fun and personality!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Snapshots mini quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of making the Snapshots blocks in to mini's. Your mini's are all great, super fabric choices too. I purchased fabric for this quilt just last week and hope to begin soon. The Farm Girl Sew Along sounds like fun, I will have to follow watching the progress of others on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're powering along Tanya. I've see a few people making the Farm Girl vintage blocks, but your's are the first I've seen quilted up. Thank you for linking up with Sew Cute Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look great as minis! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your snapshots mini quilts. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your minis! I never thought to use push pins in the corner triangles. Great idea! Thanks for linking up with TGIFF this week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Puppy Love mini quilt is adorable. Love all your creations. Bella sounds like a real handful. But she is so cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these blocks! Thanks for linking up to Building Blocks Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tanya, good idea to do the mini's. I agree, it's an easier project to display than the big quilt, and is a fun way to highlight specialty blocks. Thanks for linking up to the Pet Project Show at Pink Doxies today. I always enjoy seeing your projects.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just stumbled on your blog today. You make great things and have interesting posts. I especially like the Tulip Patch Quilt, What a beautiful gift! This should offer lots of warmth and comfort. Quilting is a great gift to share with others in need.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I just love Lori's book! Your work is fantastic too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cross hatching does wonders. It is so effective. Cute minis.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!