Ok so this is going around in blog land and they are kind of funny.
Here are my 10 Quilty Little Secrets:
1. I love to use steam when I iron! The more steam and heat the better. I mean I want enough steam in my face that it brings my blackheads to the surface and I never iron clothes only fabric.
2. I do not like to appliqué and refer to it as the "A word."
3. I have never even tried Aurifil thread. It is too expensive for my budget. I am a huge fan of thread from Connecting Threads and buy it even from them when it is on sale. (I am frugal!)
4. I never ever prewash fabrics even red.
5. I cannot stand paper piecing! I always mess them up.
6. The only hand quilting I do is big, primitive stitches with perle cotton.
7. I never read through all the directions on a pattern first--this is a big, horrible confession because I am teacher and always tell my students to read all the directions first. Don't tell on me!
8. I have never been on Facebook because of privacy issues, but I guess many of my baby quilts are on there. I make baby quilts for pretty much any pregnant employee at all of my three schools and they are compared and shared on Facebook! One of my coworkers showed me yesterday.
9. I hate to use my mom's long arm, but I feel guilty when she quilts for me.
10. I have to use reading glasses to thread my needles on my sewing machine and for handwork (this only started at the beginning of summer and I hate it!).
I believe this idea started here http://www.13spools.com It was fun to read some others including http://shaunas-world.blogspot.com/2014/08/my-10-little-quilty-secrets.html
Think about it and share yours!