Saturday, April 19, 2014

Houses & Gifts

 

Here are my house blocks for the quilt along over at http://kimsbigquiltingadventure.blogspot.com/
Breaking this quilt down by 2 blocks a month has been much less daunting.
 Secretary's Day is Wednesday! I have been using up scraps left over from my Good Night Irene table cloth quilt to make pouches for the secretaries who help me.
Here are the 6 pouches I need. I bought chocolate, Chapstick, and tissue packs to put in them. I have to remember to stock up on travel sized lotions at Bath & Bodyworks' next big sale in June as lotion or hand cream would be perfect in these.
This is my teenager's Easter basket. She did not want any candy, so it has candles from Bath & Bodyworks, lotion, a couple of journals, a water bottle, sugar free gum, cute socks, nail polish, Cliff bars, hair ties, note cards, Starbucks tea, and a Starbucks gift card. Looks perfect to me!
 
I also spent time today working on my quilt for the Hands 2 Help Charity Quilt Challenge 2014. I hope to have the top completed tomorrow. I also have to get my next blocks together for the Quiltmaker Love Blooms Here and embroider my first Journey of a Quilter block. Lots to do and the weather helps as it is cloudy with sprinkles on and off, sounds like quilting weather to me!
 

24 comments:

  1. Your little pouches are very cute! I found you on the today's linky party. Greetings from Greece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute house blocks and gifts..the pouches are a great idea and your teen should certainly love that pretty basket! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm over from SMW. Love your houses, the pouches are so pretty and bright and the fabric storage bin is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pouches. They will make great gifts for sure. What size are your squares?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever Easter basket for your daughter! I also like the pouches you made...so colorful! I found you via Sew Many Ways' linking party. Great blog! Enjoy your creative day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The houses are coming along great! They're fun aren't they? Putting them together helps satisfy the frustrated house designer in me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on your houses! This has been a fun quilt-along - Thank goodness for Kim keeping us organized because I know I would have gotten off track on my own by now ;o)
    Love your pouches and Easter basket!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your houses look very nice. Don't your love making those little pouches. You can do so many things with them. Thank you for sharing.
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your houses are so cute, Tanya. :D And what a fabulous idea for a teen's Easter basket.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great projects! I love those pouches and the fabrics you used. Very cute Easter basket, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you hit the ground running. Your projects are all so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You sure have been busy! Sweet house blocks! Love the pouches and basket. Sew pretty! Those will all be appreciated, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pouches are really nice- lovely primary colours and your zips are so neat- I always struggle with the zip ends.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the little pouches, so adorable. What a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the little pouches! Perfect project to use scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely gift! I'm sure they will be much appreciated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those little pouches are just lovely. What a great way to use up those lovely little bits that we all HAVE to save "just in case"!

    ReplyDelete
  18. love those little pouches and they'll be so appreciated, I'm sure!

    Thanks so much for linking up to Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your gifts are awesome! I had great intentions to make pouches for our school secretaries...and it didn't happen. Good for you for getting it done!

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful bags ,it is always lovely to receive a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  21. some wonderful goodies there!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wish that was my Easter basket. The pouches are darling.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What great gifts! Any time you want me to do secretarial things for you, just let me know - lol. Love your houses, and thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You sound very busy! I like your gifts you are making. I'm a teacher also. I'll have to remember these for next year. Of course I could do them this year, but with 4 weeks of school left I doubt I have the time. Darn!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!