Sunday, February 2, 2014

February Goal 1 Check

Here are my 10 Goodnight Irene blocks for the quilt along over at Terry's Treasures http://terrytreasures.blogspot.com/. I did my five blocks for January and my five blocks for February. I cut all the fabric required for all the other blocks and I accidentally made an extra X block, so I am ahead for March. This is Goal #1 for ALYOF February. 1 goal down and 4 more to go. I used 2 charm packs of Potluck by American Jane from Moda and fabrics I had in my stash. I like how it looks. I plan on using this as a tablecloth for my kitchen table. I have a rainbow of Fiestaware, so I think my dishes will look good on this.
 
Despite the fact that the Broncos were terrible with a capital "T" in the Super Bowl we had fun eating and watching the half time show. I am always sad with the end of the football season because it is big entertainment for my hubby and me. It also helps entertain us all when it is cold. Congratulations to the Seattle Seahawks and their fans! 
 
We got 10 inches of snow on Friday, so it definitely seems like winter will stay around longer. The good news is winter weather is quilting weather! I hope to start on my triple zip pouches this week and make progress on my perpetual calendar. What are your plans?

15 comments:

  1. Your blocks look great! We're to get another round of snow tomorrow night into Wednesday. Might be another snow day off school for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the colours that you are making your quilt in - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE these blocks! I have a ton of bright 4 patches I've been sewing as leader/enders and this might be the perfect pattern to use them in! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous scrappy mix there! You got a lot of snow, too! Getting some more today, but it's the super-tiny kind, so it's not flocking the trees like last week's system did. My plans - hopefully get through 7 more sources and the write-ups for those by month's end (on my thesis), and aiming to have the entire center focal point of the quilting on my DWR finished before March.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's looking amazing so far! Love the mix of the two blocks

    ReplyDelete
  6. That will look great with your Fiestaware.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great, my husband goes into withdrawls when AFL finishes for the season and we then rewatch all the games, as of course they are recorded for the off season hahahahah.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! It looks great and Pot Luck is the perfect fabric choice. I made this quilt last year--it was put together differently but it's one of my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blocks are lovely! Wishing I had snow here in Arizona. Best, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look so cool! I love these blocks together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These blocks are awesome, and you're right- Fiestaware will look right at home on this!

    Thanks for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LoVe it! It will be gorgeous on a table! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Tanya-- I linked up to you on my blog today, because I'm going to make a version of the quilt in this post. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!