Friday, August 16, 2013

End of Summer Finish

This was a part of my fabric inheritance from my sister. It was a BOM from the Country Loft at least 5 years ago.  Instead of making one big quilt with all the seasons together, I set each season as its' own wall hanging. This is the fall one.

My sister is in the middle of moving, so I will send it once they are in their new house as a house warming present. I made these quilts for myself a few years ago.

I quilted it with DMC ecru perle cotton #8. I am quilting the winter season quilts right now maybe I will surprise her and send them both at once. Thanks for sharing an end of the summer finish!

12 comments:

  1. Separating the seasons is a fun idea. (FYI Blogger's security tool is bumping wordpress IDs out--not saving notes and simply saying letters were wrong)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to have 4 wall hangings - and I love your hand stitching. Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fantastic. She'll love it. My hat"s off to you. Quilter's have a special kind of patience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to split them up and end up with a quilt for each season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fall looks lovely! I like you splitting the seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I love the embroidery and handstitching you did on this wallhanging! Handwork makes a quilt so special. What an amazing gift this will make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations is just a beautiful quilt.I handquilting too .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your idea of separating the seasons... and your hand quilting is just so beautiful! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow ...I like it very much!!Hugs bambi

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the contrast of the light stitching against the darker quilt pieces. It's so homey.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!